Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRc best way to move photos in existing catalog

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using LRc 10.1.1. I have an existing catalog with about 70,000 photos. The catalog is on my existing laptop SSD and the actual photo files are saved on my NAS drive. 

I've purchsed a new desktop with an SSD and large capacity hard drive. I'm going to move the photos from my NAS to the HDD in my new desktop (will just backup photos to my NAS). 

What is the best way to move the photo files while retaining all of there develop settings, keywords, etc. in my current catalog? All the photo files are dng's. There are video files too of various formats. But no settings are really saved to those. 

Apprecaite any advice. Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Best way: see the section entitled "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location" of http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best way: see the section entitled "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location" of http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfecto. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines