• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC catalog reports images that don't exist

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a weird problem.  The LrC catalog shows that I have forty images in my Pictures folder.  Yet there are no images in that folder so the catalog report is wrong.  I suppose that the images may have been in the Pictures folder at one time but they were deleted outside of LrC so they no longer exist.  How do I delete or correct the misinformation in the catalog?

Catalina 10.15.7

LrC 10.0 (note: the problem existed before updating to v10.0)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I solved the problem but not sure why it worked.  I sync'd the folder but bthe number 40 still persisted.  However when I closed the catalog and reopened it the numer of images was set to zero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possibility is that you had the Preference option set to [Show Photos in sub-folders].

This setting in the Library will display (and number) ALL the photos in sub-folders and show them as if they were in the 'parent' {Pictures} folder that is 'selected'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
If you can please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box.
If you can't edit your post please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-10-06 16_53_14-2020-10-06 - Adobe Support Community_Updated.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing weird about that. Lightroom is not a browser that shows the current content of a folder, it is a database program that records the contents of a folder at a certain point in time and then keeps this record. If you change the content of the folder without Lightroom knowing that, then Lightroom will continue to show what it recorded. It will show a 'missing image' warning on the images themselves, but the folder panel will not show any change until you update the database ('synchronize folder' does that).

You can compare this to an address book. You write down the name and address of a friend in your address book. If that friend moves away, then your address book will still contain the old address. Until you change that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At one time you had that number of images in the main Pictures folder and import them into the LrC Catalog.

LrC only knows about images you have actually Imported into the catalog. LrC is a Database program. It only knows about images you have imported and nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines