Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC crash after update iMac pro.

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There,

is there anyone experience the same problem?? my Imac is craching every time when i start editing my photo's in LRC 2021. i cant find the problem every prograam is up to date. when i try to start the PS2021 the compter shuts down and restart. yesterday night i had an update of MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 and sinds then the problems started. who can help me to fix this. 

kind regards 

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire computer crashing is almost always a bad driver, or a hardware malfunction. So I would update your GPU driver, and if that doesn't work, I would then begin to run diagnostics on all of your hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer never crashes unless you open latest version of LRC. Even the previous version worked ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stick with my above statement, those are almost always the causes of computers crashing. I am not aware of other potential causes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Nick, happens to me also. Only after I updated  LRC a few weeks ago. I reported the error but they didn't respond. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you start LrC, but not edit anything?

If so, bring up Plug-in Manager. Look for issues, maybe deactivate all third party ones as diagnostic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of MACOS vs LrC v10 problems showing up. 
Important to share at official Adobe Feedback site.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872?cType=PROBLEM&page=...

(use the same login you use for this community site, when prompted use Photoshop Familiy login)

Some examples:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-crashes/5fa75e5349d3ca3d039...

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-crashes/5fa1256c917...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem with LRC crashing on my iMac. Called Adobe tech support. The wait was not too long, and the tech person was excellent. Here's what he walked me through: Open Performance tab in LRC preferences. Turn off "Use Graphics Processor." LRC has its own GPU, he said, and it works fine. Also, on the same Performance page, I increased my Camera Raw Cache Settings to 15gb and purged the cache. Restarted LRC and everything has worked fiine since. My crashes were preceeded by a "low on RAM" message from my CleanMyMac software. I have 16gb of RAM on my iMac, which should be enough. But I called up my system's activity monitor's memory tab to see what open programs were using RAM. If you have a lot of programs open while you are working in LRC, that can be an issue, unless you have tons of RAM. Since I made these changes, LRC has been working flawlessly, and faster than it ever worked before. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bruce, for sharing this info.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines