Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC crashing my MacBook Pro (Catalina)

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Within the past month my Macbook Pro has been crashing while running LRC. This has only been since I have been running Catalina on the device. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a Mac OS issue or an Adobe issue?  Is there a solution or an older OS I can reinstal to be able to use Lightroom Classic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System crashes (as opposed to just LrC crashing) are always either bad/corrupted/buggy/out-of-date drivers or they are due to hardware malfunction. So ... update all your drivers. If that doesn't fix the problem, then you need to run diagnostics on all of your hardware ... memory, hard disk, motherboard, video card, cooling system (and maybe a few other things that I can't think of now). Don't neglect checking the cooling system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I’m running first aid on the MacBook as we speak. how do you check
the cooling system? --
Stephen Miller

Art Teacher
West Essex High School
x5883
smiller@westex.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can obtain software that monitors the temperature of the CPU and GPU, and you can also check to see that the air vents in the case are not blocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines