LRC freezing up

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello my LRC freezing up in the middle of editing and and  it make my Imac restart, I want to reinstall LRC but I dont want to loose my Photos and Presets 😞 any idea 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post system info: Help - System Info from the upper left menu items.

Are you getting a lot of fan noise when this happens? What you describe sounds like overheating. Check the vents on the iMac for any blockage. Dust could also built up inside the machine.

Kenneth Seals

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't lose anything when you re-install.

But ... computer freezing and restarting is not something that re-install will fix. The problem is either a bad/corrupted/buggy/out-of-date driver, or a hardware malfunction. Re-install your graphics driver, and run diagnostics on all of your hardware.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue since yesterday when updated LRC. My Imac freezes and crashes while editing.

I called Apple today, they suggested to reinstall the macOS which I did....Still freezing and crashing, this must be some bad bug from the new Lightroom version. And now my old Lr doesn't run either. Hmmmm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never hurts after a crash to try this fix: reset LR preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines