• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC: heavy CPU usage

Participant ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is what happens when I start LrC 10.0 on Win10 and just let it run for 10 mins. doing NOTHING:

photopoeth_0-1616020828677.png

Has anybody an advice on what's going on and how to stop this?

BR

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Got it! It's a plugin named Midi2Sync that allows to use a midi controller as a controller for lightroom. There was an update recently that led to the fact that it no longer works properly. Havent't had the time to fix it. Now I learned that to make matters worse, it obviously stresses the CPU...

But anyway: with ALL plugins disabled lightroom.exe's the CPU activity never goes to zero. It's always between 0.3 to 3 - even with a completly new empty catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see:

- file syncing with the Adobe servers

- face recognition processing

Using TaskManager and ResourceMonitor, any indication as to what activity is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no cloud syncing or face recognition going on. And the above screenshot is from my TaskManager (Processes Tab). When I look into the details tab or the ResourceMonitor, Lightroom shows only 8 to max 12 in the CPU column, whereas in the processes tab it's more than 15%. There are also no other entries that show a heavy CPU usage. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! It's a plugin named Midi2Sync that allows to use a midi controller as a controller for lightroom. There was an update recently that led to the fact that it no longer works properly. Havent't had the time to fix it. Now I learned that to make matters worse, it obviously stresses the CPU...

But anyway: with ALL plugins disabled lightroom.exe's the CPU activity never goes to zero. It's always between 0.3 to 3 - even with a completly new empty catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry - I just noticed that I had a typo in my post (and I don't know how to edit after the fact) The plugin is called Midi2LR, not Midi2Sync. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines