• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC Import very slow

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.52.19 PM.pngImporting to LRC has come to a stand still. I was able to copy my files to an external SSD drive. When I try to import those files into LRC it says importing but it only imported 14 files in 2 hours! LRC 9.4.  Sync is off. Plenty of room on the hard drives. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in two hours some files have been properly imported, but most have not. I can think of two possibilities here (and of course, other people may think of other possibilities)

1. Your virus checker is scanning the folder where the photos are on the external SSD, or the folder where they are imported into
  2. Hardware problems, perhaps poor connection of the SSD to the computer, or the SSD itself isn't able to achieve the speeds it is supposed to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. I think I can rule those suggestions out though. When I inserted my SD card into the reader LRC acted the same way. I used Finder to copy the photos off the SD and into a folder. When I tried to import from this folder the same thing happened.

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the Virus checker is checking the folder where the files will reside after Import, that would be the same for both the case where you try to import from camera card, and the case where you try to import from external SSD. Same applies to hardware issues on the disk where the files are written to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines