• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC lags my PC after exiting

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I close LrC my computer becomes incredibly laggy. My mouse cursor skips about the desktop and, if I have music playing, it skips as well as though I'm at 100% CPU utilisation.

If I open task manager to see if I am in fact at 100%, the behaviour ceases and my machine begins running as normal until the next time I open then close LrC.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Although I am able to get rid of it by opening and closing task manager, I'd prefer a permanent solution to the root cause of the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Try turning off the GPU option in LrC and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be kind and provide the basic information requested below

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 9.3 (latest version at the time of writing)

Windows 10 64 bit version 1909 build 18363.959

No error messages

Exiting Lightroom Classic after editing some photos

No screenshots

CPU: intel i5 4690k

RAM: 32gb corsair ddr3

GPU: Geforce GTX1080

This problem only began ocurring in the last month or two. I had no issues before then. This also does not happen on my laptop using the same version of LrC and a GTX1050.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the GPU option in LrC and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have fixed it. I turned it off and tested it twice with no lagging behaviour afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you keep the Camera RAW CACHE? /preferences/performance/

What hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your  Geforce GTX1080. What is the driver version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

451.67 is my Geforce driver version (latest) and my Camera RAW cache is located on my C drive which is one of my faster SSDs.

The fix from Just Shoot Me to turn off GPU acceleration seems to have solved this issue, though I'd prefer to have that on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, but a performance tip

Try to avoid placing the Camera RAW CACHE on the same hard drive as your Windows OS Paging file, as they will compete with read/wrights to the same drive. This of course would require an additional hard drive, and yes the Camera RAW CACHE benefits from placement on faster hard drive. so, a trade off, fast C drive vs slow D drive, you would have to experiment.

I think that the Camera RAW CACHE gets purged at LrC shut down, so one thing activity wise occuring st thst point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines