LrC library catalogues corrupting constantly. Have recently started using a Synolog NAS

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been using Lightroom for years, no problems. I have recently started using a Synology NAS to cloud sync my images and catalogues. Now I am having constant corruption of my LrC catalogues. Any ideas what could cause this?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LrC library catalogues corrupting constantly. Have recently started using a Synolog NAS

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been using Lightroom for years, no problems. I have recently started using a Synology NAS to cloud sync my images and catalogues. Now I am having constant corruption of my LrC catalogues. Any ideas what could cause this?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2019-12-04 12_19_38-Lightroom 6.14 problem with Print panel, no image. - Adobe Support Community - 1.png

If youcan't Edit your post with the More... button then include your image inline with the text of a reply to this discussion.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LrC catalog can NOT be on a Networked drive. Even having the catalog on a drive that then syncs with the internet in some way can cause problems.

Since your problem started after you started usingf the NAS then the answer is simple. The NAS, some way you are using the NAS, in some way the NAS is addressing your computer, is causing your problem.

Start by removing the catalog from the NAS and place it on a drive internal to your omputer and test.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have recently started using a Synology NAS to cloud sync my images and catalogues."

As Just Shoot Me mentioned, LR can't access catalog files stored on NAS (though it's fine with photos placed on NAS). So you must be doing something different with your catalog files -- e.g. are you using Dropbox to sync the catalog files from a local disk to the Dropbox cloud and then Synology Cloud Sync to sync from the Dropbox cloud to your Synology NAS? 

While many people successfully use Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. to sync their catalog files to the cloud, you have to be very careful in making sure that, after you exit LR, you wait for the catalog files fully sync to the cloud (and back down to another computer) before accessing them on that other computer.  Otherwise, you'll get corruption.  

So tell us in detail your configuration.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0