• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC - Lightroom classic 10.1 - sharing collection

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the option to share collection in my lightroom classic 10.1. Is it because it is not lightroom CC (cloud based)? if so, can I download the ligthroom CC? do I need to remove the lightroom classic first?

Thanks,

Sari

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's not even go there. You can do this from Lightroom Classic.

In LrC, only regular collections can be shared with the cloud. So, smart collections and collection sets cannot be shared. Regular collections should have a check box to the left of the collection name for sharing with the cloud. Smart collections and Collection Sets will not have this check box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sari5E60_0-1608390146983.png

Thank you for your fast reply, Please look at the collection named Rey. It is a regular collection, isn't it? cause I don't see the checkbox you are talking about.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a regular collection to me. Please confirm the version number of your Lightroom by going to Help->System info and report the first 10 lines or so. DO NOT PASTE THE ENTIRE HELP->SYSTEM INFO BOX into your reply, we just need the first 10 lines or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sari5E60_0-1608392860682.png

Thanks

Sari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more than one catalog? It is only possible to link one catalog and share images from a single catalog. Is it possible that you have switched to a catalog that is not the one that you have synchronized with the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! nice catch 🙂 I bought a new PC and installed the LRC there, I really had some issues with the old catalog, so I've started a new one.

what should I do in order to synch the new one?

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm going to show my ignorance because I have never done this. But I think you are going to have to go back to the catalog that you have synchronized and go to the preferences, Lightroom sync, and delete all synchronized data. Then you will have to turn off synchronization in that catalog by clicking on the little cloud icon in the menu bar. Then, "I think" you can enable synchronization in the other catalog. You might want to watch this thread for a little while and see if someone sets me straight. I apologize, I know the problem but I'm not certain about the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I solved this out. I needed to click on the Clous icon on the top right and choose Synch.

So now I have the  synch check box and I've managed to synch the ollection and shared it.

Thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to remove LR classic. Both software work in parallel

Best Regards
Éric Pecquerie
Sent from Eric's IPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines