• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC not recognizing external drive/renamed my drive?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom catalog and photos are all on an external drive named photos 2020. I decided to do a better job of backing up my work and just copied things over to an external drive a few days ago. I also did a cloud backup using Backblaze.  This all seemed to work just fine, but maybe I missed something up?  I suspecte the problem is more likely due to my dog rolling onto the cord and ejecting my external drive...

After I reinserted the drive and opened lightroom it said it couldn't find my catalog. I manually selected the catalog from its location in my external drive. Then none of my photos could be found. I was able to add them back in and had no issues for the rest of the day.

Today I opened lightroom and again got a message that my catalog could not be found. Again I selected my catalog from the external drive. When LrC opens there is a drive called Photos 2020 1 and none of the photos can be found. I don't have a drive called Photos 2020 1. I'm using a Mac and looking at my finder I can't see any such drive...the drive is currently plugged in and showing up on my desktop as Photos 2020. I'm not sure how this happened or how to fix it at this point. My external drive (Photos 2020) seems to be working just find and I can open up the files just fine using a different program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines