Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC, OneDrive, and Google Drive

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Windows 10. I have recently uploaded over 1000 photos to LRC from my OneDrive folders on my desktop. I placed these photos in several Collections. I would like to use Google Drive from now on to store my photos. I then plan on uploading photos from Google Drive and then adding them to Collections. My question is what do I do with the photos already uploaded from OneDrive? Do I need to remove that data and start all over again using Google Drive? I want to make sure than my LRC Catalog doesn't get confused and continue to think that the photos are still stored in OneDrive. I am a LRC newbie who is just learning this complicated system. So please be kind, gentle, and patient in your responses. 🙂 Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

LRC is ONLY a hard drive supported system. Anything you take out of LRC is unknown to LRC. So all of the photos in OneDrive or Google Drive could be in your back pocket as far as LRC is concerned.

If you take images in LRC and move some/all of them into Collections in LRC, those can (at that point) be synced with the Adobe Cloud system and be seen in your phone, tablet, or web.  Please notice that I did not mention OneDrive or Google Drive. 

Welcome to stuff that one would think shouldn't be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC is ONLY a hard drive supported system. Anything you take out of LRC is unknown to LRC. So all of the photos in OneDrive or Google Drive could be in your back pocket as far as LRC is concerned.

If you take images in LRC and move some/all of them into Collections in LRC, those can (at that point) be synced with the Adobe Cloud system and be seen in your phone, tablet, or web.  Please notice that I did not mention OneDrive or Google Drive. 

Welcome to stuff that one would think shouldn't be confusing but can be. ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much! If I use the Google Drive folder on my Windows 10 Explorer, would that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do not expect any interaction with Lightroom Classic, it should be fine. They are two separate systems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines