Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC or LR

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I want to connect Lightroom with my personal MS Onedrive. Based on what I read it looks like I need to use Lightroom Classic to do this, as Lightroom ONLY uses the Adobe cloud for storage. Have I got this right? 

Thanks,

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered 'No' in your other post, but here is what I understand-

Lightroom: (Cloud version) cannot use Onedrive. It stops there!

Lightroom-Classic: First- LrC can access files in a Onedrive folder -BUT only if there is a 'Local' copy of the files.

ScreenShot219.jpg

If you use [Files on Demand]- Lightroom-Classic will not have access to the files and show an error "File not found".

Second- (from other reports I have read) Lr-Classic will get very 'confused' trying to update metadata to files and onedrive, with the strong possibility that the Catalog is easily corrupted.

I do not know if using Smart Previews is even an answer, as I have not tried using Onedrive for Lr images.

So, in the end, then answer is basically "No", once again.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Confirming my experience similar to WobertC above regarding Lightroom CC.

However, I'm using Dropbox with LRC and its working well and I dont need a local copy of the files until I need to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines