• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC re-locate files after moving from Mac to Windows

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys. I recently swapped over from Mac to Windows. I have a CC subscription, but I am still using LRC for organizing my photos on disk and after developing them in CC. I copied all my photos over to my windows box togther with my cataloge file. When opening LRC obviously all files are missing. When going through the "locate missing files" process, I locate that photo on the new disk and have the "find nearby missing photos" checked. Then I click ok. That one photo I clicked will get re linked and everything is fine, but LRC does not find any other photos. I have done this before and it worked, but I was within the MacOs ecosystem. Any ideas, what I am doing wrong here? I am on Windows10 and LRC 9.4 and was on macOS 10.13.6 and LRC9.4.

Thanks alot!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

LR knows the difference between a missing file and files in a missing folder. You need to fix the missing folders first.

Go to the Folders panel in the Library.

If the folder tree does not look like that Windows File Explorer shows you, right-click on a folder and select "show parent". Repeat as needed.

Eventually you will want to select a top-most folder that you copied to the new drive, right-click "find missing", navigate to the folder location on the new drive. Repeat as neeeded if you hav

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR knows the difference between a missing file and files in a missing folder. You need to fix the missing folders first.

Go to the Folders panel in the Library.

If the folder tree does not look like that Windows File Explorer shows you, right-click on a folder and select "show parent". Repeat as needed.

Eventually you will want to select a top-most folder that you copied to the new drive, right-click "find missing", navigate to the folder location on the new drive. Repeat as neeeded if you have multiple top-most folders.

LR will automatically fix all the subfolders and files below the folder you "fix".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after locating a few photos and then going over to the folder view I now see some folders and the top most. But right clicking that one does not give me a "find missing" option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the topmost folder carry a question mark? If not, everything is ok with it and then it does not show you "find missing".

Please share a screen capture of the folder panel showing your issue?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it now. In the first attempt I didn't see any folder. After having a few photos and the corresponding folders, my original structure showed up with question marks right next to it and could be resolved. Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey one more thing I just discoverd. On my Mac I can flag folders and photos to be synced with Adobe cloud within LRC, eventhough I have a LighroomCC subscription now. On my Windows Box I can't sync. Would that be possible somehow? I am using this workflow for quite some time now. Import photos into LRC, tag/flag/catagorize them. Then sync them to the cloud. Use LCC or iPad to do the development and because of sync having a developped version on disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR Classic you are syncing collections. That works on Mac and on Windwos the same.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/how-to/sync-photos-lightroom-mobile.html

If you have a photography plan you can use LrC and Lr, as well as Ps and more.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have that Lightroom plan with 1TB. I had the one with Ps before. On my Mac I can still create folders and sync them to the cloud eventhough my account says, that my subscription ended. When looking at my Lightroom CC I can see those newly gernated folders, but not on windows LrC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines