• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC screwy after loading and upgrading old catalog

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running LrC 10.1 on a Mac with Mojave. Today I loaded an old ctatalog, was asked to upgrade the catalog and I did. LrC opened, but it opened to an old version of LR. Howver, About Lightroom shows I am running 10.1. My identity plate reverted to an old plate, and the develop module is dated, no white level, no texture, no dehaze, etc. This is what it now looks like:

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 6.07.55 PM.png

I went to creative cloud, loaded 10.0...same thing; I updated to 10.1, same thing. About Lightroom is showing 10.1.

I really would not want to uninstall and reinstall as I have lots of custom presets, and would that even address the issue?

Any help appreciated and TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, GoldingD

I did that. I went into CreativeCld, under Lightroom Classic I went to "other versions," installed 10.0, checked it...same problem. I then updated to 10.1, same issue.

But here is something strange, I've been playing with it. If I open a newer catalog, one from 2020, LrC opens properly. I can then import the older photo and the LrC version display stays proper with the newer display showing dehaze, white level etc.

Maybe older catalogs -- the one I was opening was from 2011-- if opened from the LRCAT file opens the version of LR used originally for that photo???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You loaded an old ctatalog- so you can expect to Upgrade this 'old' catalog. OK. Thats to be expected!

But the old interface (with Recovery & Fill Light sliders) will be a result of viewing an 'old' photo that was last developed years? ago in a previous 'Process Version'.

I could be confident that you would see a 'Lightening Bolt' icon under the Histogram-

WobertC_0-1609983355417.png

Click on this icon to update the Process Version for this photo to the 'Current v5'

If you choose an old Process Version- as you can in the Calibration Panel- you will change the interface and sliders to appear as they did in those earlier Versions.

WobertC_1-1609983550745.png

Stay with Classic v10.1..!  It is the 'old' photos in the 'old' catalog showing the 'old' interface.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, WobertC, I will look for the lightening bolt if it happens again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines