LrC Second monitor blurry in Ver 10.2 Develop Module

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in the Develop module my second monitor becomes blurry.  This happened at the time of 10.2 update. I am running iMacPro and MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3.  Interestingly, LR system info incorrectly shows I'm running MacOS 10.16.0.

iMacPro 

64GB Ram

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

LG Ultra Fine Display 27in - Secondary Monitor

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Is your system up-to-date, especially the driver for the graphic card?

Please check if there is a new version of the driver.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems turning off acceleration has made second monitor useable again.  I am running latest version of MacOS which is supposed to include Radeon driver updates as well.  To reiterate, all was well until LrC 10.2 update.  

Also, should I be concerned that LrC System Info does not reflect I am running Big Sur?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged this problem:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-monitor-2-in-lightr...

Please add details of your issue to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Also, should I be concerned that LrC System Info does not reflect I am running Big Sur?"

No.  Here's what LR and Mac OS report:

LR Help > System Info: Operating system: Mac OS 10; Version: 10.16.0 [20D91]

:red_apple: > About This Mac > System Report > System Version: macOS 11.2.3 (20D91)

LR may be getting the version from /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist, which shows 10.16 (20D91).  Google shows threads discussing this during the beta of Big Sur, but I didn't see any authoritative answer why SystemVersion.plist still shows an incorrect version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines