• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC Seems to have stopped syncing?

Contributor ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears as if LrC has stopped syncing.  From these two screenshots you can see a few issues:

1) On LR Web, I have 4845 photos in the Cloud

2) On LrC, it shows only 4755 photos Synced (I checked; the missing 90 photos are the most recent photos

3) Also on LrC, it says that it is actively syncing 4759 photos.  It has said that for the past two days, no change.

- I tried resetting by going to Preferences > Lightroom Sync > Rebuild Sync Data but that did not do anything. It seems to be 'stuck'. 

Any suggestions? Kick the side of the Coke Machine?

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.58.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.54.51 AM.png

Michael - Lightroom user since 2006.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

I found an answer over in the Adobe Photoshop Family community.  On your Mac, just delete the sync.lrdata file, which will force LrC to rebuild the sync cache.  I changed the name of the old file rather than deleting it, just to be safe.  I found the file in my default Lightroom folder on my Mac.

If anyone else has a similar issue, I would recommend first trying to rebuild sync data automatically as follows:

Go to Lightroom preferences>

Lightroom Sync>

Hold down the option key>

click Rebuild Sync D

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running LrC (classic) and

Lr (cloud-based) on the same Computer? If so this can create problems, LrC will be syncing smart previews to the from selected collections in the Library Module.

Lr (cloud-based) will sync original files to the Cloud Storage and then sync copies of the original files on your computer to a default or designated folder on your computer.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 4.03.21 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am using LR but rarely; sometimes I pull it up just to familiarize myself with the UI. But LrC is what I've been using for years.  Anyhow I closed LR down but am still having the same problems with LrC. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you used the link I have provided to solve your problem. I am not able to provide any clear solution to your problem.

I see from your screen shot that there 4 files that are not syncing. Are those files are unsupported for syncing like video files?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another thought.

Just viewing your screen capture it appears you have synced 4845 original image files from Lr (cloud-based) app to the Cloud Storage and 4 Original image files that are stuck, syncing, are they unsupported files e.g. video files??

The screen capture from LrC appears to indicate that you have 4755 files synced, how many from collections in LrC and how many from Lr (cloud-based) and how many from mobile devices? Also, there are 4957 files, apparently stalled syncing, are these the files from LrC Collections??

These are the questions I cannot answer.

One thing is likely, you have original files in the cloud storage, original files in the original location of your computer, and original files in the download folder on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/continual-syncing.40796/

See if the info in the thread available at the above link can assist in the problem of the syncing in Lr (cloud-based) which appears to be stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks DdeGannes  I read that thread but it was in reference to someone who 'migrated from classic.'  I have no intention of migrating from Classic, but I do have Lightroom Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 5.30.27 PM.png installed as well. I was not aware that it was "either/or" and there are no warnings or notifications or onboarding to that effect, on either LrC or LR.

I did delete LR iPad and re-installed it - it's showing 4,895 in "All Photos" - which, presumably,  have synced down from the Cloud because exactly the same number of photos are showing up in the cloud version lightroom.adobe.com . Meanwhile, back on LrC Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 5.30.20 PM.png "All Synced Photographs" is still stuck at 4755 and Local Activity > 'Syncing' is still stuck at 4759.  

I'm kind of thinking the only way to 'get back' is to delete all synced data and start over:

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 5.42.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I deleted about 1,000 pictures from LrC "All Synced Photographs".  The message said photos will be removed from all synced collections but not deleted from the desktop catalog.  This is exactly as I would expect. However all of the photos are still showing on LR iPad and Lightroom.Adobe.com so that confirms to me that LrC is 'stuck' and no longer syncing to, or from, the Cloud. 

Has anyone heard of this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Qamera, I have chosen to provide you links and info to enable you to sort out your problems. I cannot make conclusions for you this is something you need to decide for yourself.

If you wish LrC to be your core application then you will have the Photography plan subscription so you will have access to the following applications, LrC, Lr (cloud-based), Ps, Camera Raw apps for your computers and Lr Mobile for your tablets and smart phones. In this scenario LrC (Classic) is the controller for your main computer and other Lightroom apps.

LrC (Classic) will have all the original files you have imported to your Catalog stored on your Computers HDD disks and folder structure displayed in the Library module. You need to make sure these files are safely stored and backed up to at least one secondary storage. You sync smart previews to cloud storage from collections in LrC, these files do not affect your cloud storage allocation.

Lr (cloud-based) computer app and the Lr Mobile apps will upload original files that are added to the Cloud storage and will count towards your allocated storage limit. Copies of these original files will be synced down to a default folder on your Computer that has LrC installed with sync activated. You can see the location by looking at the LrC Preferences > Lightroom sync > Location.  You will notice you have the option to choose the location.

In LrC if you select files in that location and delete them they will be deleted from storage on your computer in the Cloud storage, in Lr (cloud-based) and Lr Mobile.

Hope this additional info will enable you to overcome your problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DdeGannes,

Yes this is a good explanation and I am aware of how it works. LrC is the controller and I have LR Mobile on my iPhone and iPad Pro.  I have a local Raid 5 volume for storing my photos, as well as a separate 10TB drive which is kept off-site except for backing up.

The issue I am having is that sync appears to be 'stuck'.

1) On LR Web, I have 4845 photos in the Cloud. Same in LR iPad (as expected).

2) On LrC, it shows only 4755 photos Synced (I checked; the missing 90 photos were the most recent photos added to LR iPad - which I confirmed did sync to the Cloud

3) Also on LrC, it says that it is actively syncing 4759 photos.  It has said that for the past two days, no change.

I have read the other links that you kindly gave me but they do not offer a solution to the specific problem I seem to be having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I suspect the 4 files from the screen capture is the clue to your problem.

LrC is showing 4755 in "All Synced Photographs" this number represents synced images from all your devices that are signed on to your Creative Cloud a/a. Click on the i (info indicator) for info on the sync problem with the 4 images.

I suspect the reason LrC is stuck syncing the 4759 images is that Lr (cloud-based) app on your Computer has already synced the Original files into the Cloud Storage. There is no need to sync smart-previews to the Cloud. See the screen capture.

good luck with the rest of your adventure.

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 8.40.58 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's those four files. The question is, how to find those four, and how to "undo" the problem?  (And, "has anyone heard of this issue?" And UX question for the folks at Adobe, "Is this a known bug that is repeatable? If so, would onboarding help?")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the info and post a screen capture of the popup.

What you have to make a decision on is the likelihood that you have original image files at their original location on your computer’s HDD a synced original in storage on you Cloud Storage and another original file that has been downloaded to the selected folder on you computer HDD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you be more specific about "click on the info"?

I'm happy to make a decision once I know what's causing the problem, and how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the ! to. the left of sync issue 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you can visit the Adobe feedback forum where actual Adobe engineers monitor feedback for features and bug reports. What you experiencing is not a "bug" in my opinion.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/using-lightroom-classic-and-lightroom... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dennis,

Here's the screenshot:

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 8.43.24 AM.png

It shows four photos from LR on my iPhone.  Here is the detail from one of those:

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 8.55.46 AM.png

However on iPhone, it shows the sync as having completed:

IMG_CBDEA24ADBE1-1.jpeg

I did a search for the photos and they are nowhere to be found - not on iPhone (LR or Photos), LR Cloud, LrC, or Mac.

I'm guessing if I could remove those four items from the system, it would solve the problem.

By the way, if something does not work as expected, it is usually a bug. It may be a design bug, or it may be an implementation bug. Of course, it may be user error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know the answer to your question, we are in the Lightroom Classic forum and there are two other  Lightroom forum where you can seek help. See the screen capture.

A054276F-CA00-4A59-A2C4-E00116BACA47.jpeg

With respect to the bug issue you certainly have the option to post your views in the Feedback forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dennis, I have posted in the Feedback forum here https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lrc-has-stopped-syncing-with-lr-cloud...  (updated from this post).

I'll try the other forums as well and if I find a solution, I'll add it back here.  Given that LR makes my fans scream every time I open it, I'm pretty sure it's stuck in an infinite loop trying to perform some task. And I'm pretty sure it's related to those 4 no-longer-existant HEIC files. If there was a way to clear the sync data cache, that might do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not familiar with the HEIC files is it a smartphone image file or a video type file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you posting in the feedback forum under another name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - strangely, it is a separate login so I had to create a new username. Actually the username was created for me when I created the account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I am a beta tester from June 2006.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to meet a fellow LR beta user!  My cousin worked on the original project and got me hooked in. Also still have my E-M1 though I've pretty much moved on to the Sony ecosystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an answer over in the Adobe Photoshop Family community.  On your Mac, just delete the sync.lrdata file, which will force LrC to rebuild the sync cache.  I changed the name of the old file rather than deleting it, just to be safe.  I found the file in my default Lightroom folder on my Mac.

If anyone else has a similar issue, I would recommend first trying to rebuild sync data automatically as follows:

Go to Lightroom preferences>

Lightroom Sync>

Hold down the option key>

click Rebuild Sync Data at the bottom right of the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines