• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC slideshow is processing every time I press play

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recognized this problem first with LRC version 9.3 on Window 10 and hopefully did update to 9.4, but there's still the same problem. Every time I press "Play" or "Preview" in the slide show module, LR is preparing all the pictures one by one and slow as usual as it is since LR 5.

It's like it doesn't cache the previews anymore. Cache is activated and may use up to 10 GB of space.

As it turns out, this is just happening with files in TIFF format. Slide shows from raw files in RAF oder CR2 format are cached and processing happens just once.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been acknowledged by Adobe Engineering as an issue. Please add your comments and 'Vote' at the below problem report.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-slideshow-module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually they haven't - that thread indicates that it's 'working as now intended', which has completely destroyed any ability to use the slideshow module.  It takes minutes to render 200 images on a powerful machine, followed by a spinning beachball.  In the past, it would have started in seconds.  This is a deal-breaking bug and needs to be fixed.    9.2.1 was the last time the module was usable, so I've downgraded to it again - but that eliminates all the performance fixes for the new machines, as well as new features.  Very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to check 'Vote' at that post. The more votes the more likely Adobe will do something.

There is hope as per Adobe Employee G0apher,

"I have raised your issue with the development team, and we are trying to see how this can be addressed."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been trying to create a slideshow of about 300 photos, which include some large panos, since Sunday night.

This is on a 2017 iMac, 24 GB of RAM, running 11.6.  Latest update of LRC for Mac OS.

It's staying aroud 65-70% CPU.  No disk activity whatsoever and there's no indication of status or progress in the Slideshow Module so I'm not sure what it's doing.

This is a Create Saved Slideshow operation.  When I click Preview or Play, it shows a status bar that never moved.  Otherwise the UI isn't showing anything happening.

I presume it will save some kind of movie file with the slide show and various effects and transitions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines