• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC to PS to LRC: Initial LRC Edits Don't Transfer Back to LRC After PS Edits

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing wedding photos. I went through all 782 photos initially & performed general edits in LRC (preset, light, color correction, noise reduction, sharpening, local brush adjustments, etc.). Now I am going back through & using the Edit in Photoshop 2021 option to remove some objects from the photos. However, I'm noticing that the photos are not coming back from PS to LRC with all of the initial LRC edits. Most noticeably the local adjustments performed with a brush (in most instances I was adding texture to flowers, wedding dress, etc.), sharpening, lens corrections, etc. The preset & light corrections seem to be making the transition okay from what my eye can see.

Once it comes back into LRC from PS, the sliders are all back to baseline, but I'm guessing that's because it's essentially a new photo after having the object removed in PS. When I apply the preset, it's obvious that it's being applied a second time over the previous version of the photo prior to the transfer to PS. 

The photos are all in RAW format so I do not get the option to choose between Edit Original, Edit a Copy, or Edit w/ Lightroom Adjustments. 

Are there any other settings that I need to play with or what's the deal?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you might be able to provide. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To explain how LrC and Ps work together requires several book chapters, so some links with info-

In this link Julianne Kost basically describes the 'first' time you send a RAW image to Ps, and the new RGB file that 'comes back' to LrC.

EDIT IN PHOTOSHOP (Julianne Kost) Video

If you send this 'New Original' RGB file 'back to Photoshop' for a 'second go' then it gets more complicated.

This link is the first page of four on the topic of "Round-Tripping" between LrC and Ps:

EDIT IN PHOTOSHOP ROUNDTRIP 01

Hopefully you will find explanations in these links.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I watched the first video & tried a variety of different settings with no success. I'm now editing a new batch of photos & it's clear that the LrC edits are definitely not coming back from PS correctly. Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 8.22.03 PM.png

Screenshot of the initial photo after the desired edits have been performed in LrC. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 8.24.05 PM.png

Screenshot of same photo once back in LrC after removing orange feed tub from the right of the photo using Edit in PS 2021. The exposure & coloring is clearly lighter & not the same as the initial photo prior to the removal of the feed tub. No changes were made is PS other than using the clone tool to remove the tub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When sendin any file to Ps from LrC you never get back the original file. A New File is Alwasy created with the original LrC Edits Burnt Into that New file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I understand that. However, the issue is the LrC edits don't seem to be correctly 'burnt' into the new file (.tiff) coming from PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever receive the answer you were looking for?  When I used to work on a file in LR, I would want to edit in PS, a dialog box would pop and and ask if I would like to apply LR adjustments?  That box is now gone and when I try and open file in PS, it sends the RAW with no edits.  HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have not figured it out yet! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sherry, you have a somewhat different issue. I suggest you create a new post, including your versions of PS, LrC, Operating System (Win or Mac) and the specs of your computer for the best and quickest results.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines