• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC v10.0: Collections panel shows list of collections for a couple of seconds only...

Advocate ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and then it collapses and does not show the list again. The only way I have found to force it to show the drop down list is to click on the + sign on the right of the panel name, select Sort by Name, and then select Sort by Kind. However, after closing LrC and reopening it, the problem comes back. The time that the drop down list is shown is slightly longer after a few close/open cycles, but it is still only a couple of seconds, and the list still disappears after this time.

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

iMac (Retina 5K, 27 in, 2017)

32 GB Memory

Curious to see if anyone else has observed this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Adobe has acknowledged this bug on Mac:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-collections-panel-shows-one-collection-after-restarting-lr-with-panel-collapsed/5f8f43e2bd25503aeafcdaf6 

If LR is started with the Collections panel collapsed, then when you expand it, only one collection is displayed. The workaround is to restart LR with the panel expanded.  Alternatively, click the + in the top-right of the panel and change the Sort By setting.

Please a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to see screen shots of what you are seeing on your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. Well, the problem seems to have fixed itself...The drop-down list of Collections is there now when I open LrC and it does not disappear on me. Maybe it happened at the beginning if LrC was busy re-creating previews or doing something else in the background having to do with the catalog conversion? I don't know. 

When I was having the problem, only the search field would show after the list disappeared. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 5.41.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the menu command Window->Panels->Collections help or fix the problem? If not, try resetting the preferences https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not fix the problem when it was happening, thanks. Regardless of how I accessed the panel, it would do the same thing. But, as I said above, the problem disappeared on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have an iMac with similar specs and not experiencing any problems. See the info in my signature.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Denis. It turned out to be a transient problem, all is good now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has acknowledged this bug on Mac:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-collections-panel-s... 

If LR is started with the Collections panel collapsed, then when you expand it, only one collection is displayed. The workaround is to restart LR with the panel expanded.  Alternatively, click the + in the top-right of the panel and change the Sort By setting.

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines