• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC window maximized/ Thumbnails at bottom too small to see.

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got two problems that happened unitentionally.

1. First is the LrC window is maximum size. How do I reduce the size of the wondow so it doesn't fill the whole screen size? I don't know how I ever got this to happen and I can't find any control to reduce window size. The standard bar at the top of Windows programs is no longer showing.

2. The row of thumbnail previews at the bottom of the window became so small its no use. I need to see the thumbnails at a reasonable size. Again something happened at some point when I moved the mouse somewhere. This setting got changed which I never intended and now I can't get back to make that row useable. Adobe should not make shortcuts that can get people into danger. Again I can't find a setting anywhere to increase the size of those thumbnails.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020
  1.  You are in Full screen mode. Press Shift + F once or twice to get out of it.
  2.  To resize the filmstrip, move the cursor above the filmstrip to where it changes to a double arrow.
    Then click and drag upwards.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  You are in Full screen mode. Press Shift + F once or twice to get out of it.
  2.  To resize the filmstrip, move the cursor above the filmstrip to where it changes to a double arrow.
    Then click and drag upwards.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Per. That fixed both issues. I see how I accidently resized the filmstrip and on my monitor there is very little space where you hit that magical resize option. I have no idea what I did make it full screen but this brings up one of my complaints, I don't memorize hundreds of short cut keys and I could find no wheres in the menu where you could this. It seems you either know the key shortcut or you are lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Window > Screen mode is where you find Full screen mode.

If you press Ctrl + / (Cmd + / on a Mac), you will see a list of shortcuts for the module that you're in.

This list is also available from the Help menu.

Lightroom is professional software built for power users, who prefer to use the keyboard rather than the mouse, and don't want to click on menus to get things done. So there are loads of shortcuts, even single key shortcuts, like G for Grid, D for Develop, T to show/hide toolbar, etc. This can be confusing for new users, who inadvertently press a key, and they have no idea what happened. So it's a good idea to learn at least some of the shortcuts, which will also speed up your work.

You can download a comprehensive list of keyboard shortcuts here:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/keyboard-shortcuts/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines