• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRCC recovery from RAID failure

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my - so many articles that are near my question without an actual answer - so, here it goes.  My library is on an external RAID 1 housing (my catalog is on my internal SSD but that doesn't matter here).  The raid controller failed and the data was ruined.  Thankfully, I had a second backup location and have now purchased a new RAID 1 enclosure with all new drives (the old units were old anyway) and have copied my 67K files in all their folders to the new RAID enclosure in the original structure.  It was an EXACT copy of the working library drive.  HOW do I point the LRCC catalog to this new location?  Can I do it all at once without finding endless numbers of random images, pointing to them, and finding nearby photos?  Many thanks for your assistance.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we talking about LR Classic or more of an anticipated problem in LRCC?

Have you got that new drive in your LRC folder view yet?

NAS drive.png

It sounds like you have the identical folder structure on your new RAID box.

The software should do the heavy lifting then.

missing.png

I realise you have 65k of image files to relink: overnight? IS that an option for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. This is Classic and the drive shows in Lightroom as I ‘found’ a few photos to test things out
How do I relink? This sounds exactly like what needs to happen but heck if I can find the procedure.
Cheers!

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you test this?

If you have the NAS folder present and able in Lightroom, with the identical folder structure, and you are getting the "missing image" icon in the Grid View thumbnail, that you can click on that and it should find all "missing" image files in one hit.

Screenshot please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines