Highlighted

LRClassic Version 9.3- Will not open - Event Viewer shows Application Error with Event ID 1000

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I posted about LRC not opening, and after posting, I did a little digging. I opened my Event Viewer on my laptop. (I just learned how to do this....) Anyhow, there is an Event ID 1000 and it says "Application Error".  To repeat what my other post said, I was in LRC and pressed the button to "relaunch a new catalog". After I did that, LRC closed. I went to open it and nothing happened.  Again, I mentioned in my other post that I looked for a locked .lrcat file and didn't find one. I even moved my LRC catalogs to a different location to My Pictures but still cannot open either the program nor can I open the catalogs that are not in LRC.  I really am at my wit's end. What should I do? I've attached a photo of the Event Viewer that I see on my laptop.

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LRClassic Version 9.3- Will not open - Event Viewer shows Application Error with Event ID 1000

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I posted about LRC not opening, and after posting, I did a little digging. I opened my Event Viewer on my laptop. (I just learned how to do this....) Anyhow, there is an Event ID 1000 and it says "Application Error".  To repeat what my other post said, I was in LRC and pressed the button to "relaunch a new catalog". After I did that, LRC closed. I went to open it and nothing happened.  Again, I mentioned in my other post that I looked for a locked .lrcat file and didn't find one. I even moved my LRC catalogs to a different location to My Pictures but still cannot open either the program nor can I open the catalogs that are not in LRC.  I really am at my wit's end. What should I do? I've attached a photo of the Event Viewer that I see on my laptop.

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 09, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click on that error to get more info

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And use Google to see what the problem/solution might be

for example google on 

Winows 10 event id 1000

And you will get some articles

for example: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTrZUAGiZJo

(use the scroll bar at the bottom of that vid to move the vid forward as the person who made it did not skip thru time, and see commands below vid)

another:

https://windowsreport.com/event-1000-application-error-windows-10/

Note, not an Adobe Tech, most of us on this community site are not.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3
How to Fix Event 1000 Application Error on Windows 10 [Tutorial] Commands Shown: sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Users might notice a...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, when posting screenshots, in case you are going to add another one, do not attach, instead insert

Please use the Insert Photo button.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went back, and looked at your various discussions on this one problem. I noticed no one recommended reseting the preference file. Below is my somewhat dated SOP on accomplishing this.

Sounds like a canadate for resetting the preference file. Resetting the preference file is Adobe speak for deleating the preference file and then letting Lightroom Classic to recreate it.

The preference file can get corrupted, resulting in odd behavior. Some people have a knee jerk reaction in thinking they need to uninstall then reinstall Lightroom Classic, maybe that could be called for, but it would be better to first reset the preference file.

Be aware that resetting the preference file will result in Lightroom Classic creating a new catalog instead if opening your previously opened catalog (normally) so make sure you know where your catalog is. 

Be aware the resetting the preference file will revert some settings in Preferences to defaults. So be aware of what you have changed, so that you can put those back the way you want them.

some links:

https://lightroomers.com/replacing-the-lightroom-preference-file/745/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bARt-hoCc2Q

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-catalog-images-resetting-lightroom.html

Laura Shoe (https://laurashoe.com) shows you how to reset Lightroom's preferences to resolve buggy behavior. Check out Laura's comprehensive Lightroom Worksh...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, my husband saw me struggling and deleted two Lightroom Classic catalogs - one that I had created and one that Lightroom had created. He restarted my laptop and then clicked on LRC and it launched.

I am sorry to have put you through all the trouble - thank you so much for taking the time to help me.

I tried to do it myself - hubby saw that, and being of a "fix-it" mentality helped me.

Sincerely,

Donna 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0