Highlighted

LrShutdownApp invoked at the wrong time on Windows

Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Documenting for future reference: LrShutdownApp is invoked when LR is shutting down. But on Windows, when LR exits and starts a backup, it first puts the API into some kind of shutdown state, where calls return the error "Attempt to make a request on a closed server."  Then it calls LrShutdownApp, which is too late.

The workaround is to wrap the background tasks with LrTasks.pcall() and just ignore that particular error.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LrShutdownApp invoked at the wrong time on Windows

Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Documenting for future reference: LrShutdownApp is invoked when LR is shutting down. But on Windows, when LR exits and starts a backup, it first puts the API into some kind of shutdown state, where calls return the error "Attempt to make a request on a closed server."  Then it calls LrShutdownApp, which is too late.

The workaround is to wrap the background tasks with LrTasks.pcall() and just ignore that particular error.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had that error with the plug-in LogiOptions, I disabled it and the error does not occur.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2019 0
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Hi, I had that error with the plug-in LogiOptions, I disabled it and the error does not occur."

Logitech installs (or installed) that plugin as part of its general utilities, whether the user asks for it or not -- most people aren't even aware that it gets installed. Unfortunately, the plugin has a number of problems that Logitech has never bothered to address.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2019 0