Highlighted

LT 5.0 - How to upgrade to the latest 5.7?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I have got LR 5.0 that I got in 2014. CD version with a key. At that time didnt registered with Adobe. I am looking to upgrade to 5.7. When I go to the menu to update it takes me to the adobe website and doesn't show anything or how to update just the landing page for the new LR.

Anyone can help me upgrading? How do you do this?

In ddition to this I have checked that to edit my .RW2 files from panasonic GX80/85 I need the Minimum Camera Raw plug-in version required 9.9 and I have 8.xxx. How to update this?

BR

Topics

Download and install, How to, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LT 5.0 - How to upgrade to the latest 5.7?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I have got LR 5.0 that I got in 2014. CD version with a key. At that time didnt registered with Adobe. I am looking to upgrade to 5.7. When I go to the menu to update it takes me to the adobe website and doesn't show anything or how to update just the landing page for the new LR.

Anyone can help me upgrading? How do you do this?

In ddition to this I have checked that to edit my .RW2 files from panasonic GX80/85 I need the Minimum Camera Raw plug-in version required 9.9 and I have 8.xxx. How to update this?

BR

Topics

Download and install, How to, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer provides direct access to downloads other than the most recent versions and Lightroom 6.14. However, assuming you registered your copy with Adobe then you should be able to download it from your account page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

If you didn't register it to your account you'll need to contact Adobe customer support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Lightroom version 5.nn, including 5.7 will NOT read your GX80/85 raw files!

You would need v6.6 or higher- and you cannot buy version 6 now! 

(Lightroom does NOT use Camera Raw Plugin, only Photoshop. CR is embedded within the Lr app)

So you have two options-

1. Subscribe to the Photography Plan (20Gb) and upgarde to the current Version 9.0

2. Download and convert your raw files to DNG with the free Adobe DNG Converter.

See 'Downloads' chapter at- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.3, Lightroom 3.3, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.0), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines