Highlighted

Lua and globals query Lightroom Classic

Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am wondering how Lightroom handles globals. Does every plugin has its own LUA ebvironment, so the globals of a plugin are only visible for the plugin decalring them? Or are they shared across the  running Lightroom instance?

Thanks for your answer in advance

Thorsten

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by johnrellis | Most Valuable Participant

Each plugin gets its own global environment, which gets created the first time the plugin runs and persists until LR exits or you reload the plugin.  The persistence is handy for things like caches.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Topics

SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lua and globals query Lightroom Classic

Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am wondering how Lightroom handles globals. Does every plugin has its own LUA ebvironment, so the globals of a plugin are only visible for the plugin decalring them? Or are they shared across the  running Lightroom instance?

Thanks for your answer in advance

Thorsten

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by johnrellis | Most Valuable Participant

Each plugin gets its own global environment, which gets created the first time the plugin runs and persists until LR exits or you reload the plugin.  The persistence is handy for things like caches.

Topics

SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for posting on Lightroom community.

I am going to check with our Engineers for an answer to your question. 

Edit: John has pretty much answered your query but I'll still update if there is any addition from our Engineers.

Regards,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines