• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac File Transfer from one external drive to another via Lightroom, sync issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a late 2013 MacBook Pro, running Lightroom 8.3.4 IOS 10.14.6. No issues there. I am staying where I am until my students have all caught up after Covid remote teaching calms down. 

Ok. I just bought a new external hard drive as the one I am using for my Lightroom files is full. I connected the new hard drive via USB and inside Lightroom dragged the folder from the old hard drive to the new one. I had a few corrupted files but got that worked out. 

However, I now have this message when I launch Lightroom and I have taken two screen shots to show the message. I am not quite sure how to proceed. 

The Seagate is the older hard drive. I am on hold with Adobe but hold little hope I will get a tech any time soon. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of us will not download attachments. Please use the "insert images" icon to include your images in your message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 4.20.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-13 at 4.21.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, odd,

First up, go and check user rights in those folders.

Also, via google ( lightroom cannot write to the following directories  ), look at:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/error-message-when-opeing-lr-classic/td-p/9933674?p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines