• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac restarts when Panaroma merge is in progress

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all , i have an Imac with 3ghz quad core , i5 , 8gb memory , 2400 mhz DDR4. radeon pro 555 , 2gb graphic card. 

i tried the panaroma merge option for the firdt time since years. But after the LR creates the preview and when i click merge , the mac slows down heavily and LR doesnt finish the Panaroma stitching process. i had to force quit the process. My Mac even restarted while stitching was in progress. can anyone help me out .  Thanks in advance. 

Prabhahar R

[personal email removed by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Probhhar,

First off, please do not put your personal email in public lists like this, both good and bad folks wander through here. 'Nuff said.

When I read your problem the thing(s) that ran through my mind is does this person have enough ram and storage space. You do state that you have 8 GB which is rather light in the ram department but you do not state how much "free" storage space you have on your computer. For example, I have a 1 TB SSD drive on my computer and I try to keep in at least only half full. If you have a fairly small hard drive on your iMac, and you have a lot of photos on that hard drive, it's very possible that you simply ran out of scratch space to create the panorama.

One thing you can try is to create a 2-image panorma. If you can do that than that's probably your problem. 

One thing you can do is to buy two external hard drives*. Why two? Simple: you will place all of your images and other non-essential documents on one and then use the 2nd drive to back up the first. Having all of your valuable documents on one drive will give you grief when that drive dies. To move your LRC images over to an external drive can be done by following either of these three guides (all are good):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9B0lq6GJZc

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/move-photos-another-hard-drive-leaving-catalog/

https://laurashoe.com/2019/03/22/learn-how-to-safely-move-your-lightroom-photos-to-a-new-hard-drive/

Now, for backing up the contents of one drive to another can be done either one of two ways: the hard way or the easy way. The hard way is for you to manually looking for all of the new images and moving over only the new ones in exactly the same tructure as the primary drive or the easy way is to get software that can do the comparisons for you and do the work for you. The one software that I have depended on for years has been Chronosync. It is unrivaled in its ability and reliability. [Hint, if and when you set this up, set it up for "Mirror" and to delete the removed images in the receiving folder that were removed from the primary folder.]

Good luck and let us know how this works out.

* when you get your hard drives, be sure to NOT get travel hard drives. That is you want a permanent drive that sits on your desk and has an outlet to plug into the wall. As far as size goes, do not get a drive that will contain all of your current images. What's better is to get a drive that is significantly larger than the amount you need now. This is not a big issue becuase you can easily get an amazingly large storage drive for about $100-$125. Please look for ones that require a power source and not ones that get their power from the USB cable. (IMHO, travel external hard drives are not intended for constant use, they are intended for brief use such as when traveling.) Also watch out for the USB cable as your Mac is not new and does not have the latest in conectors. You are looking for USB-3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi , thank you for the reply . By your reply i guess my ram is bit lagging . And i shall try the 2 panorama merge as u suggested . My internal memory is 75% free. 

Regards 

Prabha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines