Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

macbook for Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am planning to buy a 13-inch Macbook Pro, specification shown at the bottom. My only query will it be good for running Adobe Lightroon and editing the photos. Please advice

13‑inch MacBook Pro — Space Grey
Hardware
  • 2.3GHz quad-core 10th-generation Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz
  • 13-inch Retina display with True Tone
  • Touch Bar and Touch ID
  • Intel Iris Plus Graphics
  • 32GB of 3733MHz LPDDR4X memory
  • 1TB SSD storage
  • Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
  • Backlit Magic Keyboard — US English
  • Accessory Kit

Thanks & regard,

Saima

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works. I use one with 16GB RAM, I would prefer 32GB but that option was not available when I got mine.

Your choice of the model with four Thunderbolt ports is good. The models with only two Thunderbolt ports use older processors, and their cooling is not as effective.

How well it works depends on the size of images you edit. It should be fine for most cameras, might be a little sluggish if you ediit large raw images such as from cameras with sensors above 24 megapixels.

The 16-inch MacBook Pro should be faster at processing high-megapixel images and exporting many images (like a set of 300 photos), because it has more powerful graphics and more CPU cores. But the 13-inch is fine for regularly editing smaller images and jobs, and for occasionally exporting larger jobs.

UPDATE: A few hours after this post, Apple announced a new line of Mac laptops based on the new Apple M1 chip. The new 13" MacBook Pro based on that chip should be considered, but we do not yet know how well Lightroom Classic runs on this new non-Intel chip. Adobe has publicly stated that a version of Lightroom Classic for Apple Silicon will be released next year. The new 13" MacBook Pro has only two Thunderbolt ports; maybe there will be an upgrade model later. If you wanted a safe choice, you could buy an Intel-based 13" MacBook Pro which is still sold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines