• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magenta cast to photos printed from LR or PS

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having trouble with photos I am printing from either LR CC (2015) or PS CC(2017). They are coming out with a pink colour to them. Given what I have read online, I suspect that I am double profiling when color managing. If so, I can't see how to fix the problem. When I am in the Print Sreen in LR and choose a Profile for my paper under Colour Management, the exclamation point at the bottom says to remember to turn off color management in the print dialogue, but I can't see where to do this. I can get reasonable prints if I choose Managed by Printer under Profile in Colour Management but that rather defeats the purpose. I have calibrated my monitor and am using an Epson SC P800 Printer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Hi Jim, I did find the answer to my printing problem, hopefully it's the same for yoU. It was the printer driver that was installed. I accidentally installed the one that said Airprint. It was the default driver that was installed by Apple but there is a vendor-specific driver that you need to chiose instead. I found an article from Macworld forum that went through this exact problem. The article is called 'The trick to finding the right printer driver for your Mac' by Ted Landau written in 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

Please check that your prints are color managed from Photoshop or Lightroom itself. Refer this article Print with color management in Photoshop

You may also check out this thread for other suggestions Blue colour cast when printing - Photoshop CC (2017)

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash, thank you for your quick reply. I have read both those articles. I like to print through LR rather than PS but I did attempt to do a print through PS after reading the Print with color management article. Under section 7 it says 'access the color management options for the printer driver from the Print Settings dialogue box, which automatically appears after you click print.........in Mac OS, use the pop-up menu from the Print Settings dialogue box to access the printer driver options'. However, no pop-up menu appears after I click print. It just prints. How do I turn off color management for the printer. In LR, when I am in the Print box, when I choose a paper ICC profile infer the color management tab, it should automatically be telling the printer not to manage the color but this doesn't appear to be happening and I cant find anywhere in LR to do the same.

i have made sure that I have everything updated- printer driver, LR and PS, and MacOS. Should I be thinking about removing and then re-installing the printer driver as some reading suggests it might be a problem with upgrades?

Thank you, Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karen

Did you ever resolve the magenta issue?

I just acquired an Epson P800 and have the same issue. In fact many of my colors are off tending toward magenta even after re-calibrating the monitor. I have tried several solutions but nothing works. So I am curious it the issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can happen when both Lightroom and the printer are programmed to manage the color. Make sure that color management is disabled in one or the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, I did find the answer to my printing problem, hopefully it's the same for yoU. It was the printer driver that was installed. I accidentally installed the one that said Airprint. It was the default driver that was installed by Apple but there is a vendor-specific driver that you need to chiose instead. I found an article from Macworld forum that went through this exact problem. The article is called 'The trick to finding the right printer driver for your Mac' by Ted Landau written in 2015. The trick to finding the right printer driver for your Mac | Macworld

I hope this is the answer for you as well because it was sending me mad.

Cheers, Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turn off allowing LR or Photoshop to manage colors. Simple as that. In my experience it is a never ending nightmare of trial and error to get the colors right with Adobe managing anything. No matter what I do I am continuously fighting with getting rid of a magenta (pink) cast to everything I print. Not to mention the extreme waste of resource and money. In LR go under Print Job in the Print Module, In the Color Management box select 'Profile' and then select 'Managed by Printer'. Then click on 'Printer' button, when the print dialog opens, select properties. Then select settings appropriate for your media type in the printer driver settings. (Exact steps here will depend on your device and the manufacturer.) I have never been able to to get PS or LrC to give me accurate colors when printing when every other app does fine on my system. (And yes, I am not double dipping in two systems managing color, as in both printer and Adobe app.) It has always been very frustrating for me. You have all these options to select the proper profiles you judiciously download or set up on your system, particularly if third party for the printer you are using, (Non manufacturer paper media - but still printer manufacturer inks) to no avail. Adobe printing has never been accurate for me. 

My monitor is profiled, the pictures display properly in Adobe Apps. but when you print, very magenta or high pinkish or red overcast. I import directly into LR, no changes to image, go to print in LR, to take advantage of tools for print bundles but then fight with color management. I sent photos to printer from other apps, they come out just fine at current system settings. I am on a Windows System (Win10) by the way so this is a generic Adobe issue non OS dependent it appears. The latest update in LR made no difference for me. (9.4)

As much as we pay to use Adobe's capable programs to have these type of 101 issues and no support to me is infuriating. Answer from support, spend the next 24 hours making sure everything you have is updated to the latest everything, Windows, GPU, Adobe Releases. My response, so you mean Adobe never worked properly with earlier releases......? Sorry Dude, been there, done that already. Getting old and I finally gave up on Adobe managing color. Seems to me that is should be their core business? I love the response below, same one I got. Go read this webpage on Color Management. Very helpful, expecially when you have been profiling systems for well over a decade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines