Highlighted

Maintain Folder Structure Moving Photos from one HD to SSD

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running latest version of Caralina and LR Classic.  I purchased a new SSD to store my images.  I have a catalog of 115K of images.  I moved the file structure from original hdd to new ssd.   My photo structure is:

My Photos > Landscape

My Photos > People

My Photots > Travel

etc. 

Under each of these I have locations I took, like Tetons and all Tetons images are under Tetons, for example.  However, when I looked at my SSD, it put every image under root folder MY Photos and did not copy the sub folder and then images.  It took each sub folder and placed it under My Photos and now all folders are under my photos.  I believe 3 years ago when I did this the sub folders were added to destination and the all folders or images coppied.  Did I do something wrong, is this a bug, or feature request?

Thanks,

Vis

Topics

Bug, Feature request, How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Maintain Folder Structure Moving Photos from one HD to SSD

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running latest version of Caralina and LR Classic.  I purchased a new SSD to store my images.  I have a catalog of 115K of images.  I moved the file structure from original hdd to new ssd.   My photo structure is:

My Photos > Landscape

My Photos > People

My Photots > Travel

etc. 

Under each of these I have locations I took, like Tetons and all Tetons images are under Tetons, for example.  However, when I looked at my SSD, it put every image under root folder MY Photos and did not copy the sub folder and then images.  It took each sub folder and placed it under My Photos and now all folders are under my photos.  I believe 3 years ago when I did this the sub folders were added to destination and the all folders or images coppied.  Did I do something wrong, is this a bug, or feature request?

Thanks,

Vis

Topics

Bug, Feature request, How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"However, when I looked at my SSD, it put every image under root folder MY Photos and did not copy the sub folder and then images."

I do not understand the word "it" in your sentence above. All actions were performed by you, were they not? What does "it" refer to?

I also do not understand if you are asking for help in fixing this, or asking for an understanding of what happened, or something else?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing the SSD directly or are you viewing the folders panel in Lightroom Classic?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot of the Finder display of the SSD with images in wrong place, please.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot in LrC, Library module of the Folders Panel, expanded out as much as possible, please.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inquiry

Did you move photos via Finder or via LrC Folders panel?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines