• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a Blurb book in Lightroom

New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a book using Adobe Lightroom.
I have edited ("developed") a photo using Lightroom but when I place it in my book the changes to the photo do not appear? Can you assist? I've attached the 2 photos below.
Many thanks
Suzanne

Attachment(s)

Developed photo.png 

Developed photo - brighter image, stronger colour with greater clarity

transferred to Blurb book.png

Developed photo placed in Lightroom book does not display changes/improvements made 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suzanne,

You are posting in the Lightroom cloud version forum which does not have a native book maker. I recommend you try the Lightroom Classic forum. Adobe has not made it easy by changing up Lightroom app names frequently.

It would also help to post your OS and Lightroom Classic version you are using.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this post to the Lightroom Classic forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not yet recieved any answers, so I will make a suggestion.

If you are comparing the same photo in the Develop Module and then in the Book Module, then I recall reading somewhere that the modules use a different display profile, and you should not be concerned greatly with the visual 'on-screen' appearance.

But in a printed book- Any 'Print' on a paper surface will never 100% match what you see on your screen. (Screen is 'Transmissive', Paper is 'Reflective') but it is nice if the Book comes 99% close.

The one major requirement is that you have a calibrated monitor using a hardware calibrating device. Only then can you possibly achieve the 99%.

My screen is calibrated with a Spyder-X-Pro device and in ~20 books I have every only been unhappy with a few photos in the books (mostly my editing fault!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your assistance. I have decided to relax and now await the arrival of my published book. The "proof will be in the pudding"!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of Lightroom? 

There was a similar bug in a previous version where picking a photo in say Library, didn't show up in Print. Sounds similar but the bug was recently fixed. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines