• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making Dissapear Sidebar Hiding Option

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone. I understand that anyone has its tastes on UI, but there is an UI option in Lightroom that I hate so much that is driving me crazy and angry.

I want to have my right sidebar always open, and disable the option of hiding it (the small triangle on the right), because most of the times that I need to scrool the options there, I end clicking on it (and hiding the panel) instead of scrolling throuhg the options. The scroll bar is to thin, and the two components are togehter, that I always click in the wrong one. 

The scroll bar SHOULD be on the rigtmost part of the screen, not in the middle of the panel and the option to hide it!! 

I assume that Adobe has the most experienced UI/UX designers in the workd, and I cannot understand how such a basic thing happens on a software of this magnitude. 

I looked through forums, sites, etc., and didn't find a way to disable that rigtmost part of the bar and have there ONLY the scrollbar there. 

If anyone can give me some advice on this, I will be eternally grateful. And if there is no way to change this behaviour, ADOBE please do something! I don't think I am the only one in the world that hates this issue so much.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on Basicos and choose “Solo Mode”

Then you don’t need the scroll bar. The open panel collapses automatically as you choose another panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jon for the answer, I tested your method, but it doesn´t change the behaviour, I use several of the panels and I go through them in different order, and collapsing them is not a good option for me, it will make my work slower. I want to have the different panels open and scroll through them with the bar without hiding the whole panel by mistake. I used the middle wheel of the mouse, but it is slower than just grab the bar and go to from top to bottom when needed. 

So, I understand there is no way to improve this UX problem?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could add your vote (as I have) and post to the forum thread at-

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/panel-scroll-bar-close-annoyance

Adobe employees will see your request there.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Wobert, I voted on your post. I can't believe you asked this 5 years ago and still has no solution. I grew tired of this the last year and that is why I posted this, because its driving me nuts. But it seems Adobe doesn't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines