• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manually Changing Camera Metadata for "Unknown" Cameras

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every so often, especially if I edit a photo in Photoshop, or stitch panoramas together in an app other than an Adobe product, and in some other situations, a photo will show up in LrC as being from an "unknown" camera. With the particular form of OCD that I seem to suffer from, it makes me a bit crazy to have LrC not recognise the camera that produced them, and it would make searching for some of these photos difficult if I am searching for, as an example, shots taken with my drone. Is there no way to manually change the metadata to "tell" LrC what camera (or what lens, or whatever other metadata is not being recorded properly) took the photo?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

At least two plugins let you change the camera and exposure EXIF data inside LR: LensTagger and Capture Time To Exif.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a third party metadata editor (exif data)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks; do you have a recommendation of an app that will do what I want? I have tried to download a few, but none (so far) allows me to edit the camera info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least two plugins let you change the camera and exposure EXIF data inside LR: LensTagger and Capture Time To Exif.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, I’ll give them a try!

Sent from my iPad. Typos are due to lack of manual dexterity rather than poor erudition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines