• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Many of my photos can not find their location in Lightroom Classic.

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all of the thumbnails in LRC but when I vlivk to see the image I get a can't find filee message. I search my computer and can't find the file either. I haven't deleted any images. What happenened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom Classic you're using along with your computers operating system? Are the files saved on an external drive?

You can check out: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/locate-missing-photos.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I search my computer and can't find the file either. I haven't deleted any images.

By @troutusa1962

These two statements seem contradictory.

How are you searching the computer? Are you using the operating system's search feature to search all disk(s) for a file with a specific file name?

Did you rename files? Did you move files? These will cause the same problem for Lightroom Classic as deleting the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't move any files. I am assuming what LrC is showing me are the smart icons (or what ever they call them).

Using Explorer, I look and see the folder structure but many are just empty folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeating:

"Are you using the operating system's search feature to search all disk(s) for a file with a specific file name?"

Please show us screen captures of the problem in Lightroom Classic. Please show us the corresponding screen captures of what you see in Windows Explorer. Please include the screen captures in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon. Do not attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have deleted you photos it seems that you have a hardware problem with your drive.

Please check your hard drive if there's a failure.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My computer had relabeled my drives. Once I founf the proper Drive deisgnation I was able to reconnect all the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines