Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Many photos settings messed up by mysterious "multiple settings"

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I recently have been noticing that many of my photos have their adjustments turned off. Anything that is outside of the Basic dropdown is off, and crop is removed. I found someone else with this same problem but they didnt have a solution besides restoring a catalog backup. I've done a lot of photo work since my last backup, so I'd like not to do that. When I go into history I see that affected photos have a "multiple settings" item on top, and that if I go to the item below, it brings back all the original edits.

The person I linked said this happened after trying out ON1 Raw, a Lightroom alternative, and that is something I tried out (for like 5 seconds) last week. I can post screenshots, but that's pretty much all there is to it I can think of. Any ideas on how to fix? Really don't want to have to restore old catalog, unless I can easily copy new edits between new and old to bring it up to date. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post your OS and LRC version numbers thanks Harrison?

Any correlation between file formats and this issue?

Ive used Lightroom for nearly 10 years and havent noticed the "Multiple Settings" in the History, but thats not to say it doesnt happen.

If you post a screenshot please use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool set of the Reply post window instead of linking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS 11.0.1

LR 10.1

No, I only use DNG and NEF and always have. The only thing that changed between a working catalog and a broken one are installing ON1 and one other to try out and setting them up. 

A.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go down one step in history, one photo at a time. But, I realize that's probably a tedious solution, but at least you don't lose your edits.

I can't see any way that ON1 caused this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I tried quite hard to fix my current catalog, but in the end I had to use the backup.

The problem is that it took me over a week to realize that something had gone wrong, so I had done a bit of work since the last backup. First I contacted support, and they were no help, then I tried finding some command to step back in history, but to no avail. Then I went into the catalog file as a SQLite DB, and created some queries that should have fixed it, but for some reason (maybe recent update?) all of the history steps were in binary while the current settings for each photo are serialized Lua objects. I tried figuring out what the binary blobs were in actuality, but it only seemed to be gibberish. I then opted to try and write a plugin, read through some documentation, but found you couldn't touch history with the SDK. 

All this to then give up, and decide to do it the way I should've done it in the first place...

I restored my backup catalog, and then exported each collection from my new catalog that had new edits as a separate catalog. I then imported each one into the backup and fixed some thingamabobs and 5 minutes after starting was back to a working LR. 

Phew! What a waste of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023-11-17_16-19-44.jpg

You can see here that MULTIPLE SETTINGS is the most recent adjustment in history but all the sliders are zeroed out???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@tom-vancouver  Start a new forum thread with your question and more details about the workflow to arrive at those History entries.

(You have jumped on an old 2020 thread that may not be the same problem.)

Curious, I have never seen the "Multiple Settings" entry in an image History.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines