• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Map Module on Lightroom Classic not working! Help anyone??

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic 7.2 installed on my Imac and for a few days now, everytime I try to use the Map module, I get an annoying "Map is Offline" alert and jumps back to the previous search I did on the Map module.

I read the troubleshooting area and in the past it was a matter of not running the latest version, however I have the latest one. I am a Cloud based member.

It is very annoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

In case someone is has similar issues. By rebooting the computer and restarting Lightroom, everything started working correctly.

Sent from my iPhone

Victor Elias

Artist/Owner

VICTOR ELIAS PHOTOGRAPHY

(805)265-5421

theboss@victoreliasphotography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is maps.google.com easily reachable in a web browser? It does this if you have network problems or if google maps is not reacting quick enough. Also in some countries or on some ISPs google maps is filtered out and it won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used the Map Module a few hours ago and it worked as expected.  Yes, there was a problem with an earlier version, but that seems to have been cleared with version 7.2.

There are 2 things to check:

Go to About Lightroom and make sure the version you have opened is indeed version 7.2

Check that you have a good Internet connection.  Maps requires a connection to the internet to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check that you're logged in, or try logging out and in again.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - I am running 7.2 and I am logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Map is Offline with latest update of LR Classic CC 7.3 - any thoughts out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Map works fine here.   7.3 and Mac 10.13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No use knowing that it's working fine for me. You definitely logged out and back in again?

One item that's helped in the past has been updating the graphics driver.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the map is offline it generally means your computer can't reach google's map API within a reasonable time. So generally a network issue. Indeed for me it works just fine with 7.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No connection or Internet hiccups with any other program or browser...running OS X 10.13.3 and LR CC Classic 7.3...are three any settings in LR that I may have overlooked?

Thanks, in advance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case someone is has similar issues. By rebooting the computer and restarting Lightroom, everything started working correctly.

Sent from my iPhone

Victor Elias

Artist/Owner

VICTOR ELIAS PHOTOGRAPHY

(805)265-5421

theboss@victoreliasphotography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my particular problem: I had a few links to Adobe & Google blocked by L'il Snitch...maps working fine now - thanks for all replies...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to LR 7.3 Classic and the map module can't connect, error message states it is off line.  Worked fine before the update, that is after the similar error message about a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to have been solved.  I quit LR and started it again - now the map module reacts properly to my input.  Hopefully this will last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am getting fed up with Lightroom - every alternate update it seems to have problems with maps, and displays either offline or just a black screen where the map should be. 

It has worked before. It gets fixed at the next update, then it goes wrong again.  A couple of updates ago, it made my graphics card obsolete.  The only change since I last used Lightroom is an update to the 1803 version of Windows 10.

I have a 76Mbps connection, maps works quickly in a browser.  It is just Lightroom is a pain in the neck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines