Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Map problem - Preview / Thumbnail / Tracklog

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a problem with the maps module in Lightroom Classic (Windows 10): The tracklog does not work - I can open the log and it's shown on the map. If I try to map the pictures, nothing happens (there's no error message). This is what happens when I click on the pictures on the tracklog:

07-04-_2021_20-47-34.jpg

The thumbnail is not in the same position. Same happens, when I directly drag pictures on to the map - It's always shifted. It only works, when I select photos an do a right click on the map at the final position.

Can anyone help?

Thanks 🙂 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Same happens, when I directly drag pictures on to the map - It's always shifted. It only works, when I select photos an do a right click on the map at the final position."

You've tripped over this longstanding bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-mapping-errors-wind... 

See the first reply in that bug report for workarounds (you already know one -- right-click the map and do Add GPS Coordinates).

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis Thank you very much! Sadly the workaround doesn't work for the tracklog...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sadly the workaround doesn't work for the tracklog..."

To test my understanding, when you cick on a map pin:

johnrellis_0-1617823241646.png

the thumbnail appears with its bottom point not touching the top of the map pin but shifted.

I haven't seen any workaround posted for that. That seems a less severe problem, though, since the GPS coordinates are accurately entered into the photo's metadata and the pin shows the correct location.

Unfortunately, it's pretty clear that Adobe has no intention of fixing the bug any time soon.  It's been there forever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The thumbnail on the tracklog is in the correct position  - if I do a right click and try to map the pictures, there's no error but the location data is not mapped to the pictures. The tracklog data and a part of the suggested photos are also wrong - The map feature is cr*p.

I had this problem for several years, so I used 3rd party tools. 
On my Mac OS machines there's no issue with the mapping, only in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines