Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maps module does not "read" full gpx datas

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Out of 5 .gpx files, only 2 are loaded completely! (2-3 weeks ago everything was working properly)

- on Maps Module

- on Map Menu / Route Survey / Load route statement - choice of route file .gpx and ... totally incomplete/partial display ... and therefore very incomplete matching occurs.

Nb: the files come from the same source and are fully usable with, among others, Garmin Express/Connect and MyGPSFiles (Web)

I would have liked to add 1 gpx file and a pdf of the route to this email, but this system apparently does not allow it.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you in advance and good day/evening

Lighroom moduleLighroom modulegpx filegpx file

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums).

Please tell us what Adobe software you are using so that this can be moved to the proper forum for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

If there are multiple tracks in a .gpx file, by default LR only displays the first one. You can select which track is displayed using the Track menu in the toolbar at the bottom, or you can select All Tracks:

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 12.18.51 PM.png

If this doesn't address your issue, please upload one of the problem .gpx files to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here, and we'll take a look at it.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Thanks for your reaction.

Sorry for my bad english.

Am using this LR facility regularly to geotag my photos.

Recently, on sept 25th i used this facility without problem with 10 gpx files selecting them one by one.

On oct 20th again with 5 gpx files but i saw that some of them were incompletely loaded.

Nb: i knew the LR limitation of 50000 dots.

As you can see from the previous 2 pictures related to one specific file (link below)

- one picture shows what is loaded into LR (missing the right part of the trace)

- the other picture shows what it should have been loaded (from MyGpsFiles print screen)

Here are the links to the gpx and jpg files corresponding to the previous pictures

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag9V3Y5SigITg4MD9JZMOry6L_xS-g?e=1rjANA

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag9V3Y5SigITg4MEAxjm7hiIjEzHkw?e=Je2mih

I hope you can get them.

Thank you in advance and best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry

In reaction to Peru Bob request

I am not an expert and since oct 20th i tried to highlight my issue.

In final i see that french is not are the language to use while the site i use is in french. (no warning apparently)

My account is Creative Cloud Photo which is up to date: in this case i am using Lightroom Classic.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download the .gpx and .jpg files. I'll take a look in the next day. We're currently without power in Northern California, so it might take me a day or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .gpx file you uploaded has three separate tracks in it. When you load it into LR, it will show the first track. You need to click the Track menu and select All Tracks to have it show all three:

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 3.24.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Many thanks for your involvment.

I will take care of that.

Nevertheless, and just for you to know, I have one concern :

- I am using the Geo Tracker tool since years together with LR5, then Creative Cloud LR Classic and this is the 1st time, I face splitted tracks !

- I just checked this file with all the other tools i used regularly, and they all show this file as one track : MyGpsFiles (web), Garmin Connect, Garmin Basecamp, GPS Track Viewer.

Thank you again and best regards

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why LR shows by default the first track rather than all tracks in a .gpx file.  You could post a feature request in the official feedback forum:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom.
Product developers read everything posted there, but rarely participate here, which is primarily a user-to-user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks for suggestion.

Done.

I hope I did it correctly ! (see attached picture and link)

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/feature-request-lr-maps-module-does-not-read-...

Best regards

Guy

LR-feature request.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good, just voted for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines