• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Match Smart Preview file names to LR catalog photos.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Could you please help me with such an issue. I have Smart Preview file names (in CSV) and I need somehow to find photos in the LR catalog which are matched to these Smart Previews names.
I thought that Smart Preview file name is the same as LrPhoto:getRawMetadata( 'uuid' ) e.g. 546F246C-54E2-4125-9BB3-867BBD22B5BD, but when I create a catalog with sample 5 photos and then retrieved their UUIDs I noticed that they are different from Smart Preview file names.

Maybe there is some trick how to match these SM filenames and photos in Lr Catalog?
I will be very grateful for any help. Thank you!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

The path of a photo's smart preview is given by photo:getRawMetadata ("smartPreviewInfo").smartPreviewPath.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure there is no "trick" to it, just no easy way either.

The most likely solution would be to open the catalog as a SQLite database using the SQLite tools and run a SQL query joining multiple tables to get the desired results. Unfortunately, most users do not possess the knowledge on how to do this, especially since Adobe does not publicly document the database format of the LR catalog.

That said, I don't know anything about the LR programming API to know how much work it would be to find the data using the official methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The path of a photo's smart preview is given by photo:getRawMetadata ("smartPreviewInfo").smartPreviewPath.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines