• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Match Total Exposure does not work.

New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Match Total Exposure does not work. I selected all the photos I wanted to adjust, made sure the one i wanted to be used as a reference was displayed, and selected "Match Total Exposure" and nothing happened. The bar in the upper left displayed as if the computer was doing something, but the images did not change. I closed and restarted Lightroom, then the computer, then updated Lightroom.  The image still do not change when I use this feature... I am on Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do those images actually have different exposures? Match total exposures compensates for differences in ISO, shutter speed, and aperture. If for example one shot was taken at ISO100, 1/100s, anf f/11 and the next at ISO100,1/200s, and f/11, and you match exposers referencing the first, it will dial in +1EV exposure compensation on the second. This will only match the images if they were shot in the same light conditions but with different settings. It won't do anything if the settings were the same, or effectively the same - e.g. ISO200, 1/200s, f/11 is the same as ISO100, 1/100s, f/11 and nopthing would happen if you match exposures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thank you! That totally answers my question! No, the images were shot with the same settings but some of them are underexposed because I was shooting too fast and the strobe didn't have time cycle back up... I wasn't aware how this feature works... thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue...lighting changed during interval shooting but camera settings did not.  In that case Match Total Exposures is useless as it apparently does not read the histogram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines