Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mavic 2 pro raw images appear different after export

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

ao I've been happily using my drone for a year now however there is a major issue that I have not been able to overcome. images appear drastically different in the library tab vs the develop tab and in fact the jpegs that I export after editing appear to look the same as the library tab. I'm not sure why this is happening but its super annoying especially with long exposure or low light photography I edit a photo how I like it and when I export it it appears as if its in a different colour space.

I've double checked all of my colour settings everything seems normal so I'm not entirely sure why this is happening. So far the only solution I have is to enable secondary display in loop view which provides me with a preview of what the final image will look like. however this makes things very slow and is not nearly as snappy as just editing in the develop tap.

I've attached 2 images. one is my edit and the other is how the exported image came out. working colour space is sRGB

Can someone help me? I'm not sure if maybe there is a camera profile or something that might help. you also get horrible colour banding with the final export

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 10.24.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-25 at 10.24.01 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

"images appear drastically different in the library tab vs the develop tab and in fact the jpegs that I export after editing appear to look the same as the library tab."

Noticeable color differences between Library and Develop are usually caused by a color display profile that is corrupted or incompatible with LR. You can quickly test this:

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-...

If you're on Windows and expect photos to look th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Definitely do the quick five-minute test exactly as described in that article.  The profile could conform with industry standards but still be incompatible with LR (e.g. profiles with LUTs).  

If the issue still occurs, then do upload a sample photo and a JPEG exported from it. Then we can determine if it strikes other LR installations or is particular to yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"images appear drastically different in the library tab vs the develop tab and in fact the jpegs that I export after editing appear to look the same as the library tab."

Noticeable color differences between Library and Develop are usually caused by a color display profile that is corrupted or incompatible with LR. You can quickly test this:

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-...

If you're on Windows and expect photos to look the same in LR and an external photo viewer, you'll need to use a color-managed app (Windows Photos is not color managed).  Color-managed apps include LR, Photoshop, Bridge, Firefox, Irfanview, and Faststone (you'll need to turn on color management in the latter two).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try messing around with the colour profiles. I use a spider 4 and display cal to calibrate the monitor. the same thing happens on my macbook's main monitor and that profile is definitely not corrupted. I don't notice this happening at all with my 5d mark iii all the images I edit there come out as I want them when I process them in develop in lightroom. I only noticed this happening with the DNG files from the DJI Mavic 2 Pro.

I'd be happy to provide a raw file as an example if you would like to try it yourself. In the mean while I'll clear out the display profile as i'm due for another calibration anyway and use the default one and see if that makes any difference. I had a huge commercial shoot for an oil company and my colleague pointed out the issues with the files when I sent them thinking they would look exactly as I thought they did in the develop tab good thing they didn't make it to the client at the time. I edited them method above in my OP to mitigate the effects as best as I could but the shadow areas are affected the most. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely do the quick five-minute test exactly as described in that article.  The profile could conform with industry standards but still be incompatible with LR (e.g. profiles with LUTs).  

If the issue still occurs, then do upload a sample photo and a JPEG exported from it. Then we can determine if it strikes other LR installations or is particular to yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you were absolutely right. I switched to the default monitor profile and everything looks like it should no differences between edit and export and library tab.. this has been a pain in my side to put it mildly.. 

For anyone that is wondering I calibrated using a spider 4 and display cal. Maybe my config was wrong or something I dunno if anyone else might be having this issue and not know why. I will have to either borrow or invest in a more modern calibration tool.

Thankfully my monitor is very good and the default profile is decent enough for me to edit on but I will have to be extra careful with commercial edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you're making progress on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines