• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Meaning of "synced extras" collection in LRC?

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of months ago, after trying to figure out a separate syncing issue and re-syncing from LRClassic on my MacBook to LR on my iPhone, a collection appeared on LRC called Synced Extras with 2909 images. A few of these images are also on my phone, as they should be, but most are not, which is also correct. The file types in Synced Extras include jpg, heic, arw, cr2, and tif, and include ancient photos including scans, photos taken with a series of iPhones, as recently as just before the new folder appeared, and photos taken with other cameras.

Does this collection point to anything I should pay attention to, or can I just delete it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a  Collection then they are virtual copies and you should be able to delete them without consequence. If you want to be sure, right-click  and choose Show in Library to identify where the original file is stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Through another process I've since figured out what this was about. "Synced Extras" consists of photos I took with my iPhone, or which were on my iPhone earlier, that then synced back to my MacBook but were not in any of the Collections I was intentionally syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines