• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Medium Contrast Curve problems after new install

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Lightroom Classic on my old laptop and regularly used 'Medium Contrast Curve' in the preset menu - I pretty much uesd it on every photo. My laptop died and I've just downloaded Lightroom Classic onto my new laptop. I couldn't find medium contrast curve in the presets but found a post on here which helped me find it,however when I press it the adjustments to my photos are totally different to what used to happen on my old laptop - it makes the photos look super bright and with a lot of contrast whereas it used to just make a subtle change. I'm editing a set of photos which I had started to edit on my old laptop so I know it's not the photos.

Any advice on what I can do to get it back to how it used to be? Thanks!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My initial thought is that the two laptops have not been calibrated the same. What are the steps performed to calibrate your laptop/monitor? My advice is to use a hardware device such as a Spyder or Xrite option. Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I think it is something different in the preset panel because when I go to the Tone Curve panel on the right and click 'medium contrast curve' the result is closer to the effect I am looking for.  As you suggest it's hard to know if it is the same as I can't look at both monitors but I'm happy to go with this until I learn how to do my own curves. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If recalibration fails to fix. Consider using the Tone Curve panel instead. Look at point curve

see: https://www.lightroompresets.com/blogs/pretty-presets-blog/84280836-an-overview-of-the-tone-curve-pa...

And you could create your own preset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. I checked the tone curve panel and clicked 'medium contrast on the point curve section and this seems to be pretty close to the effect I'm looking for. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines