Menu Bar is White (Win10)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.  I'm seeking some help to solve a strange issue.  Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and updated from Win7 -> Win10.

As a result I was finally able to update Adobe CC, PS, and Lightroom.

Previously I was running the latest version of Lightroom which could exist on Win7 (which I think was version 6).

Anyway, I completed the update to Lightroom Classic v10.1.1 and noticed the menu bar is now a bright white.  Personally I find this very distracting.  Looking back through the forum it seems like there were a couple people who had a similar issue a couple years ago.  They were able to solve by updating to the latest version.  Obviously, that hasn't worked for me.

I also tried to reinstall Lightroom v6.  The menu bar was now white.

I also tried to revert back to Lightroom Classic v10.1.  The menu bar was white.

Then updated again to the latest version v10.1.1.  The menu bar is still white.

Of course I also tried going through Windows settings.  No luck.

However Photo Shop's menu bar is black as well.  So I feel confident the issue resides within LRC.

Does anyone have any ideas how I may solve this issue?  Any support would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Windows 10 setting. Go to Settings->Personalization->Colors

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey DJ - thanks for the super fast reply.  That was actually the first thing I checked.  However it did not take care of the issue.  Please see the attached photo.  I made sure black was selected.

Also, it's confusing to me that Photoshop is OK (black menu) but Lightroom Classic has a white menu bar.

So I'm struggling to imagine that a Win10 setting is not correct.

If that were the case I'd expect many menu bars for other programs to be white.  However, only Lightroom Classic is white.

Any other thoughts or ideas would be helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just used the Windows settings and changed my Lightroom Classic menu bar to green and then red, it works for me as expected. You may also have to check "Title Bars and Window Borders" in that same dialog box.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If, like me, you rarely use the top menu bar ( I prefer keyboard shortcuts) you can hide the menu bar with [Shift+F]

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.2, Photoshop 22.3, Lightroom 4.2, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello WobertC - thanks so much for the super fast reply.  I tried it and it works!!!
Strangely, the minimize and close buttons at the top right also disappear, but I'm willing to make that trade.  Really appreciate the support!!!

Kind regards - Eric H.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu bar is white in normal screen mode.

Press Shift + F, and the title bar disappears, and the menu bar turns grey.

Press Shift + F again, and the menu bar disappears altogether.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Per - as I mentioned above, thanks so much for the super fast reply.  I tried it and it works!!!
Strangely, the minimize and close buttons at the top right also disappear, but I'm willing to make that trade.  Really appreciate the support!!!

Warm regards - Eric H.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title bar with the buttons disappears to give you more space for the image. (You can also hide the Module picker to get a lot more space by pressing F5)

You can close and minimize using the keyboard.

To close, press Ctrl + Q or Alt + F4.

To minimize, press the Windows key + Down arrow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again Per!  I never knew about the F5 command - that's super helpful!!!

Again, sincerely appreciate the quick support.  Keep up the great work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines