• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menus grayed out in Photoshop after selecting Edit in Photoshop in Lightroom

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, when I select "Edit in Photoshop" in Lightroom (8.0), although it launches Photoshop (20.0.1) correctly, most menus in Photoshop are grayed out (eg.: right mouse click on the background layer, or most of the menus like filter etc.). Some things work (healing brush and similar tools)

If Photoshop is already open, then it works properly. Same behavior using the option to open as smart object.

Any idea what the issue is? I don't usually have PS running in the background, and would like the usual behavior back. I noticed this since the last update.

Thanks for any input.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

It's a new bug. Open PS first, then send from LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a new bug. Open PS first, then send from LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Thanks John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into the same issue and came here to post a message about it.  You beat me to it.

Glad to see that there's a workaround until the problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is actually an "old" issue, as the last update came out a while ago. I just didn't report it earlier, as I though I might figure out a way to solve it on my own. Alas I didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only a bug affecting Windows users and all you have to do is go to in Photoshop,**Preferences - General settings**, select "Disable the Home Screen". Then the order doesn't matter.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be good for Adobe to solve the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrostyOfTheNorth  wrote

It would be good for Adobe to solve the problem...

They will, they are aware of it.

Updates will be found here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a key issue for those of us who use Lightroom and Photoshop.  It took some hunting for me to find this thread and the workarounds.  Hopefully Adobe releases a fix promptly for the sake of those who haven't found the temporary solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrostyOfTheNorth  wrote

Hopefully Adobe releases a fix promptly for the sake of those who haven't found the temporary solutions.

OF COURSE they will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both methods work, depending....

If you find the Home screen useful, open PS first. You don't need to exit PS - just close the current image, send it again from LR. Adobe will fix the problem before too long.

If you simply dislike the Home screen in any case, disable it in Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, today Adobe has updated PS, looks like it fixes the LR to PS issue

Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines