Merge to HDR not Working in Lightroom Classic 10

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature was working fine until a couple of days ago, when it just stopped working. Tried with several sets of images. Tried reseting preferences. Didn't work. The dialog box opens and the progress bar works, but the merged image does not appear. I have been using this feature since it appeared and don't recall this happening before. 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by johnrellis | Most Valuable Participant

"Re. the suggested fix, I am not experiencing duplicate drives. I am experience duplicate drive names That is, the displayed contents on each of these "drives" is not the same."

Right. There is one physical drive but LR has created two drive entries in its catalog with the same name.  Some folders/files are placed under one drive entry, other folders/files under the other. This is a bug, and you can merge the two drive entries following the steps in the article I linked to.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Merge to HDR not Working in Lightroom Classic 10

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature was working fine until a couple of days ago, when it just stopped working. Tried with several sets of images. Tried reseting preferences. Didn't work. The dialog box opens and the progress bar works, but the merged image does not appear. I have been using this feature since it appeared and don't recall this happening before. 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by johnrellis | Most Valuable Participant

"Re. the suggested fix, I am not experiencing duplicate drives. I am experience duplicate drive names That is, the displayed contents on each of these "drives" is not the same."

Right. There is one physical drive but LR has created two drive entries in its catalog with the same name.  Some folders/files are placed under one drive entry, other folders/files under the other. This is a bug, and you can merge the two drive entries following the steps in the article I linked to.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to above. The merged images are being created and appear in the same folder as the source images. The merged image just doesn't show up in LR Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem here. Check that you do not have an active filter that may filter out the HDR DNG file.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not what is going on. The HDR file is clearly not showing up in LR, anywhere. Plus, the last time I tried an HDR merge, I actually got an error message telling me the file would not show up in LR, which I had not been getting before. Also, Lightroom will not let me import the missing HDR files into LR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get that error again, please post a screenshot of it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Export settings and make sure the box for Include in this catalog is checked. Export one, ANY, image to make sure that box is checked and stays checked.

Now you are going to ask why would that matter. IMO when you call up these feature the images included are actually Exported.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find these settings? The only export settings of which I am aware do not involve exporting to the catalog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option is in the top panel of the Export dialog, but like I said: this has nothing to do with Merge to HDR.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that. I have never had that checked. That doesn't make any sense. I don't want every image I export added to the catalog and it should have no bearing on the problem I am having. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While one would think that selecting the add to collection option in export would have nothing to do with merge photo, it does. This goes back several versions. In effect, when you merge, you are exporting. Used to have this problem, would sync after the merge, then someone in the older forum stated the above solution, did not argue, or debate, just tested, then accepted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2020 0
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm 99.99% sure that the images are not exported in a way that the export dialog is involved. I never add exported images to my catalog, and yet I can merge to HDR and/or panorama just fine.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 1
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a fresh, empty catalog and merge from there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0