• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge two catalogs and move files

Contributor ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR CC 9.2.1. I attempted to merge two LR catalogs which were on two different hd's.  After almost a day, it looks like it moved the files and merged the catalogs, but, the meta data did not come along.  I have  no keywords or develop settings for the two cats.  Any idea if I can recover that, and/or what went wrong.  I checked and  loaded each cat from the  hd's and they are still intact there.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you don't say how you did the "merge", but you do say metadata didn't come along, I guess that you did the merge improperly.

From your two original catalogs, open one (doesn't matter which) and select File->Import From Another Catalog, and then select the second catalog. That's pretty much the entire "merge" procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started with the largest and  older catalog,  imported that into a new catalog for the Hd.; LR Master2020. Then opened that cat, LR Master2020,  and imported the latest cat on the 2nd hd.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you'll find a detailed description how to merge catalogs:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/merging-catalogs-overview/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have gone through this proceedure a couple times now....painfully slow, takes hours,  images get here, some of the keyowrds, but it has been a failure for me.  I go back to the other 2 HD's, open those catalogs, no issues there.  I most likely will just have to add keywords  as I laborously slog through the catalog...

Update: 5/25/20 - As some time as gone by since I merged the catalogs, as I am going through the merged catalogs I have over 20K images without the keywords. I have started to re-enter this, and it's PITA! As I said at the start, the images on the other two drives have no issue with keywords, any ideas what went wrong. I am not pleased with this result and I would not do it again nor will I suggest anybody else does.  Any help is appreciated.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines