• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging Catalogs and Losing the Before "/" Function

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently wanted to try to merge some one-off catalogs into a master catalog and have run into an issue. Once merging two catalogs I have noticed that I can no longer view the original/sooc/before version of the image when hitting the "/" key.

Hitting "/" will only result in seeing the edited image. The text "Before" will appear in the top right of the image as it usually does so the shorrcut is working. Under the History panel my edit information isn't listed, only the Import (date time). However, on the right in the Develop panel all my edit/adjustments are visible.

If I "Show in Finder" the raw images are there, unedited as you would expect + their .xmp files.

This has me stumped and I would really appreciate any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "/" key is used within the OS as a navigation aid. As such, it is a not-allowed character in names. Use a hypen or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Before Settings get replaced with the After Settings if you do a Read Metadata from File or Import a photos that has XMP.  To get the Before settings back do the following.  It has to be done one image at a time.  Not real fun but works

Use this if you have no history steps:

Select image in Develop

Go Into Before/After View. (the two boxes with the Y in them on the toolbar

Hit Reset button

Hit the Swap Before After Settings button.  Last button in screen clip.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 2.12.58 PM.jpg

If you have a history you can make ANY history step the Before by putting your cursor on the step (do not click to select the step), right click and chose "Copy history step to before"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do the merge?  Did you do File > Import From Another Catalog, or did you do File > Import to import the photos?  The latter won't preserve Develop History, while the former normally does.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellisI used "File > Import From Another Catalog"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Bob Somrak! This has worked to put the files settings back to normal.

You're right though, not a fun process - but it does work! Luckily I only have a few hundred to fix because they were small catalogs. Hopefully I can figure out what I have done when merging to make sure that I can avoid this in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I used "File > Import From Another Catalog""

Hmm, clearly something went wrong, because normally that preserves the Develop history and Before/After.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines