• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata and image management

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A problem I have is that I have 2+ million images in various folders in lightroom and need to search all the meta data fields for certain words, at the moment I search in the text field each word to find the images I need then I put them in a folder of their own.

I would like to be able to search all words or terms in one go rather than each individually and the script then finds images with these in and move the images to a separate folder, where I can then check those images.

Is this possible ?

I use MAC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning metadata text into folders seems problematical, in the sense that if you come up with rules that a photo ought to be in two (or more) folders, then Lightroom cannot accomodate this. If that is your situation, I would not advise trying to turn this into some sort of folder organization.

But as stated, I don't think Lightroom can do this without writing some sort of plug-in (and even there I doubt it is possible because of the above)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply but thats not what i need.

I need to be able to search all my images for words E.G hello, hello all, have a nice day etc

At the moment I'm searching individualy.

I would like to just search all the terms in one go.

When I get the results back I'd like to be able to select them all and move them into their own folde, this bit is easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need to be able to search all my images for words E.G hello, hello all, have a nice day etc

At the moment I'm searching individualy.

I would like to just search all the terms in one go.

I don't think Lightroom has this capability.

You could accomplish this in multiple searches but not in one search

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can search for several words. Select "Contain the word" and in the text filed enter several words separated by a space.

Entering "Table Chair", for example, wil show all photos having "Table" AND "Chair".

You could also use a smart collection, where you can combine OR and AND in the criteria.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm searching for things like :- London Museum, black truck, 1st past the post. I dont want the words in the phrase I want the whole phrase if there is more than one word ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines